Standard virtual data rooms have many limitations that prevent you from taking full advantage of the cloud but prove data migration solutions.
The Concept of Data Migration Solutions
Data migration solutions have long been viewed as versatile database solutions. Relational databases have reached a high level of maturity as a result of extensive research and have spawned a large successful market and many solutions for various business areas. However, the ever-growing need for scalability and new applications has created new challenges for traditional relational DBMSs, including some dissatisfaction with the results of such a versatile solution in some cloud applications. For large web projects built like the cloud, such as eBay, Amazon, Twitter, and Facebook, scalability and high availability are critical requirements that must be met. For these applications, even the slightest interruption can have significant financial implications and negatively impact the trust of end-users.
Scalability is a major concern in virtual data room that provide data migration solutions. As more applications run under high load conditions such as web services, their scalability requirements can change very quickly and grow dramatically. Relational databases scale well only if they are located on a single server. In cloud environments, the database must be located on several dozen servers – as a result, the problem of scalability is strongly felt.
The Way Virtual Data Rooms Provide Data Migration Solutions
Personal data is any information relating directly or indirectly to a specific or identifiable natural person – the subject of personal data. Thus, it can be any information that identifies a person, including name, date of birth, place of residence, marital status, information about education and professional activity, financial situation, biography facts, business and personal qualities of a person, etc.
The process of providing data migration solutions means any action (operation) or their combination, with the use of automation tools or without them for their collection, storage, use, provision, deletion. Analyzing the constitutional and legal framework for the protection of personal data, it can be noted that there is no provision in the Constitution that would directly enshrine the “right to the protection of personal data”. At the same time, certain provisions exist, and it is necessary to figure out which rules guarantee the protection of personal data.
To achieve the main goal of protecting and ensuring the specified properties of virtual data rooms, the information security system of the virtual data rooms that provide data migration solutions should provide an effective solution to the following tasks:
- timely identification, assessment, and forecasting of sources of threats to information security, causes and conditions conducive to damage to interested subjects of information relations, disruption of the normal functioning of information systems;
- creation of a mechanism for prompt response to threats to information security and negative trends;
- creating conditions for minimizing and localizing damage caused by unlawful actions of individuals and legal entities, weakening the negative impact and eliminating the consequences of violation of information security;
- protection against interference in the operation of information systems of the VDR by unauthorized persons (only registered users should have access to information resources);
- delimitation of user access to information, hardware, software, and other resources of the VDR (the ability to access only those resources and perform only those operations with them that are necessary for specific users to perform their duties), that is, protection from unauthorized access;
- ensuring the authentication of users participating in information exchange (confirmation of the authenticity of the sender and recipient of information).